[PD] fsaa with intel gma950 / OS X?

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Sat Sep 1 15:11:19 CEST 2007

> As far as I know, Intel graphics dont support OpenGL, which is required
> for Gem to function.

Can't be, hopefully. Intel is one of few, I think even the only one, who
provides open sourced drivers for Linux which also supports hardware
accelerated 3D through OpenGL and there is a similar situation on OSX.
The Intel chip is in the Mac Minis and Mac Books and at least games are
reported to run on that computers. Not all OpenGL operations (like
vertex shaders) are done in the graphic hardware of the 950 chip indeed,
so the performance is less then Nvidia or Ati, but Intel improved that
with the next generation of graphic chips, X3000 and onwards are more
desirable.

Cheers,

Malte

--