[PD] translations for pdpedia templates (French) and mailing list and ...

Olivier Heinry olivier.heinry at manga-burgah.net
Wed Oct 17 11:27:28 CEST 2007

Le mercredi 17 octobre 2007 à 10:49 +0200, Jérôme Abel a écrit :
> I try to resume informations to see what we have to do.
>
> Pdpedia translation
> -------------------
> I did the template following wiki administrator instruction. I think It's OK.
> But You may check it here.
> http://wiki.puredata.info/fr/Modèle:Infobox_Objectclass

The {{{Nom}}} appears twice, except for that it looks fine

> In my opinion, We can translate website and infobox by "Site internet" and
> "Infos".
>
> Now in the template it's "Site Web" and "Infobox".
>
> But it's not very important now, isn't it ?

Sorry for posting before checking my email again. Anyways, these are
minor differencies which dont clutter the meaning

> PdPedia Import
>
> May be we could discuss in french in the first one, and send a report message to
> the second one every week (or couple of week) to talk about our progression.

a report in english

> I think we need a specific list to organise work together and do not disturb all
> other contributors.

I agree. the reason most people cancel their subscription is too much
traffic.

> Pdpedia method
> --------------
> * start with Pd Vanilla : 20 objects by step. (in alphabetic order)
> * check all french pd contributors.

french-speaking ;-)

BTW, is it possible to display besides the name of the object, its
status (still a stub , or "complete") and or the name of the latest
contributor?

It would greatly speed up the group translation process to check at one
glance (well, almost...) what's still to do. I'm not really experienced
with wikimedia, so if anyone is....

++

O.