[PD] Can you help me with this patch? II

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu Nov 1 20:09:19 CET 2007

On 01/11/2007, at 17.30, Javier Garcia wrote:
> > does the attached patch is what you wanted?
>
> Yes, but would prefer modify my patch.

Have a look at cyrille's patch and see where it differs from your patch.

- It doesn't use the delay. after you've checked if you've got all
the way up to 1, you don't have to wait 10ms to reset the counter.
The next thing that happens is that the metro bang's the [f] again at
some point. Let the metro control the timing (in this case at least).

- you can use [moses 1] as in curille's patch to check if check if
you have got all the way up to 1. As in, use moses instead of the
combination of [== 1] and [select 1] you've used. One good reason is
that you make sure the counter doesn't skip the 1 mark. Fx from 0.97
to 1.01. In your patch that could easily happen.

- and finally it uses a trigger, [t f f]. This is done to make sure
the counter is updated before you check if you've got all the way up
to 1. In this case it might not matter, but the use of triggers is a
good thing one should use when ever there is more then one patch-cord
out of an outlet to make sure things happen in the order one what's
them to happen.

So in this view cyrille has in fact modified your patch.

Hope this helps.