[PD] new pd wiki - practical data - includes forum

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 5 15:19:05 CET 2007

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> I'm all for centralization; however, I've never liked the puredata.info
> <http://puredata.info> layout

hmm, layouts that please everybody, anyone?

> and setup.  When you find a link to a
> file, you first have to visit the page where the file is listed, and for

if you are talking about the exdtraneous /download in
.../myfile/download, this is definitely a bug which i haven't found time
to fix yet.

in the meantime, you can always directly link to .../myfile/download as
somebody else has already mentioned.

> I'm all for a wiki (public editing means less chance of a site being
> neglected), but I thought there already was one??

excuse me, but puredata.info is only restricted to registered userse
(and everybody can register), because this site has seriously been spammed.
this might happen as well to a wiki-site. the usual way to deal with
this is either by captchas or by restricting the site to registered
users (with an open registration).
hey, the latter reminds me of puredata.info

fmad.r
IOhannes