[PD] [declare] trouble

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Nov 8 23:39:41 CET 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> you're question is not silly at all, since there seems to be no
> help-file anymore at all, that could be consulted.

Seems it's missing in the CVS, probable Miller forgot to check it in.
It's in the archive on Miller's site, though.

Attached is the one from
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software/pd-0.41-0test06.src.tar.gz

> the option '-stdpath' does add pathes relative to 'Pd' (whatever this
> means).

Good question. The help file seems unfinished when talking about
"relative to the Pd": "the Pd" what? ;)

I wrongly assumed it was relative to the Pd binary, which on Linux
e.g. is in /usr/bin/pd but actually now I believe it means relative to
the Pd "stdpath" which is the directory above "extra", "doc" and "bin"
i.e.  /usr/lib/pd in Linux. This would somehow correspond to the
"-stdpath" command line option, that enables searching in "extra".

At least this would make more sense, as the binary may be everywhere
in the system search path for executable so it wouldn't be useful to
specify a path relative to that.

Anyway see my other mail: -stdpath seems to be broken in 0.40.

Ciao