[PD] who is using [entry]?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 14 03:12:40 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> Now I am going to apply what I have learned to a how library based on
>> the Tk widgets.  I am naming them after the Tk widgets, so that would
>> mean making an object called [entry] with is a text entry box, and
>> renaming the currently [entry] to [text].
>
> As [text] is a pretty common word, that could mean anything, it came
> to my mind: Do you plan some kind of namespace for the new GUI
> objects?

I want to keep the same names as the Tk widgets, that's why I chose
that name.  That way it's very easy to use the Tk docs for these
widgets.  The options are the same too.  It will be in the lib
tkwidgets, so tkwidgets/text will always be possible.  Hopefully this
doesn't cause any problems.
These are the widgets I plan on implementing:

http://puredata.info/dev/TkWidget

----

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste