[PD] pix_video: composite or Firewire ?

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Fri Nov 16 00:47:06 CET 2007

Hi all,
Preparing one more Gem video perf with circus. :) (the 4th!)

I didn't like much using Firewire (ieee1394) under GNU/Linux, since
the driver is pretty slow.

What would you guys recommend, if I want to use a nice miniDV camera ?
It could either be a composite (BNC cable) capture card under
GNU/Linux or the Firewire uner Mac OS X.

I think that the BNC cable is more flexible an easier to handle than
the Firewire. It can also be very long, and that suits my needs, since
it gives more flexibility to the cameraman.

Thanks !

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net