[PD] pix_video: composite or Firewire ?

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 05:23:50 CET 2007

I think your problem may not be in the driver but in the fact that you
are using DV which compresses both at the camera and in your computer
bus... (i believe...) I am also looking for the best (and cheapest)
solution for latency. you should check uncompressed firewire options.

The conexant 878 chip seems to be the fastest one that i've tried so
far to capture analog video. it's a 20$ PCI tv tuner