[PD] Pd + asterisk?

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Fri Nov 23 21:44:12 CET 2007

Hey,

about a year ago i did some audio-stuff with Pd and asterisk but I can't
get it to work anymore. What I did was this:
I used a Softphone (Linphone) on my Desktop-machine to connect to
asterisk, it's audio was connected to a oss2jack-device.
I made a small patch wich put the input out with a 3 second delay and
with variable pitch and used it to play some jokes to several people.

But this doesn't work anymore, at least not in Ubuntu Gutsy. It's
definitely time for a Softphone with native jack-support (or a
SIP-extension for pd ;)).

Another thing I did about 3 months ago was a small AGI-script for
asterisk which sent keypresses from a caller via OSC. I used it as input
for some gem-stuff.

I thought maybe it's possible to recognize dtmf in Pd, or even emulate a
modem or something in it, I'm trying for some hours now to get oss2jack
or the jack-libalsamodule to work, but I think I give up.

So please anyone program a jack-capable sip-phone or something and let
me know if someone's interested in my OSC-agi-script and I'll try to
find it.

-Chris