[PD] tabread4~~

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Tue Nov 27 19:11:53 CET 2007

Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :

> No, we were thinking specifically about close detunings, all those
> intervals that are confused with a much simpler interval, and usually,
> which *should* be confused. It's the basis of logarithmic temperaments:
> 2^(7/12) is over 0.1% off from 3/2, and that's one of the best-matching
> intervals relative to just temperaments. So, my question is, how do we
> deal with that? When is a major third played like 2^(1/3) considered to
> be an approximation of 5/4, and when is it considered to be an
> approximation of 81/64 or some other?

  Here we see how rythm and harmony behaves differently for our
perception. If all intervals in a chord has the same ratio contained in
their harmonics, the chords looses energy by consonnance, and even
worst, we couldn't hear a distinction between notes, while in rythms if
sounds aren't played accurately together, it would become harder for the
listener to make a distinction of the structure.