[PD] gridflow for expert people ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 8 21:30:49 CET 2007

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i wouldn't say that gridflow is only for expert people, but yes, there
> is a lot to learn, when learning gridflow. and learning it is very
> interesting. i don't have an academical/mathematical background and for
> me gridflow is one of these tools, that help me understand theories,
> that i wouldn't have a chance to understand whithout seeing them
> implemented and working. this applies also very much to pd, i think.
> would you consider pd to be a tool only for dsp experts and academic
> musicians?

Exactly. GridFlow is designed like Pd is, while GEM and PDP both try to
hide much more about video and other data types, than what Pd ever hides.
(One hides less, by allowing lots of data converters and data operations
in a way that you can access the data the way you want, instead of having
to rely solely on readymades)