[PD] [psql] object hand-holding

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 15:34:59 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 00:51 -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> The only SQL interface I'd really be happy to use (if I had to use SQL) is
> something using placeholders, sort of like [expr], but perhaps written in
> the usual SQL style:
>
> [sql select * from candies where flavour=? and colour=?]

Interestingly enough, that's pretty much how Mike started off with his
SQLite object. Then I persuaded him that passing the queries as a list
to the inlet would be more flexible. It also greatly reduces the number
of objects required to send a query, if you have more than one query. I
also agree with Hans about being consistent with other Pd objects esp.
[textfile].

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk