[PD] symbolatom: why does it not allow to type spaces?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 11 19:53:36 CET 2007

You could use [hcs/version], if you don't get a response after a
bang, it's probably not loaded.  Currently, that object only exists
in Pd-extended, unless someone compiles it themself, so no response
would mean not pd-extended, and therefore most likely won't have entry.

You might try [tkwidgets/text], it's a much enhanced version of Ben's
[entry]. It has some bugs but I want to find them and fix them now,
so bug reports would be much appreciated.

Also, I plan on making an object out of Tk's entry ([entry] is
actually based on Tk's text).  Tk's entry is a one line text widget
meant for data entry.

.hc