[PD] regression testing WAS Re: [psql] object hand-holding

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 24 19:12:00 CET 2007

Quoting Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>:

>>> How do you know that a method has failed properly?
>> because it returns the expected FAIL-state.
>
> Why do you need this instead of having a test PASS when the test checks
> that the error happened correctly?
>
>> the problem is the same as "how do you know that a method has
>> succeeded properly"
>
> I think that pretty much anyone doing automated tests so far agree that
> it's better to have just all tests be written in the positive way, so
> that you don't have to ever exchange the meanings of PASS and FAIL.

i needed it to test the framework itself.
i believe that this is important.

(and i am doing automated tests and do not agree that just all tests
ought to be written in a positive way)

my proposals where not about a theoretic test-framework, but based in
my practical experiences with an automated test-framework.
i that i learned quite a lot about tests....

nfghasd,tr
IOhannes