[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.41 test 10 released

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 28 20:25:11 CET 2007

I should have put the lock in and forgot... thanks for the reminder.

I'm not at all sure how to handle "idle" in the callback case.  One
could just call the function forever, but that seems like burning the
CPU for nothing.  Alternatively, "idle" processing might want to take place
in a different thread to be set up by whatever external code wants to
do the idle processing, trusting to the OS to preempt to the callback
thread when it becomes runnable.

cheers
Miller