[PD] poor performance when saving an abstraction when many copies are loaded in a patch

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:42:12 CET 2008

> > Please don't interprete what I'm gonna say as sarchastic or offensive
> > to whom wrote the above sentence (which however has been suggested by
> > more than one person). Just take it as a general and (hopefully)
> > constructive discussion about PD issues...
>
> No offense taken. But since I have neither skills nor time to get
> involved in PD development, I have to stay focused on certain things.

Yes of course. I didn't mean to criticize your suggestion: I meant to
"criticize PD" that makes that suggestion necessary.

Of course that IS a valid workaround in a lot of situations where the
use of abstractions is not very extensive; it is just not feasible
when you're developing some complex large scale application that you
need also to mantain or further develop in the future.

I do very much appreciate workarounds, and often need them too. I just
think that the existence of a workaround is not an "excuse" to
underestimate the importance of an issue - especially when the
workaround only applies to a restricted range of cases.

Bye
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette