[PD] Installing pd-extended binaries on Mac OSX 10.4 intel

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Mon Jan 14 00:59:44 CET 2008

Newbie question:

I downloaded 0.39.3-extended for MacIntel, for a MacBook Pro with OSX
10.4.  None of the extensions work.

I had previously downloaded the binaries for Gem, to go with vanilla pd
0.40.2.  Following the instructions in an included text file, I had put
Gem.pd_darwin in the Extra file, but it didn't work.  That's why I tried
pd-extended instead, where (I assumed) everything was already set up the
way it needs to be.

Is there something else I need to do?  Some setting in pd Preferences or
Mac Preferences?

Thanks.