[PD] processing images with GEM?

matteo sisti sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 15:47:18 CET 2008

> I don't have a camera to plug in and double check, but I never noticed
> this inverted problem before. You can always re-invert the numbers if
> you need to ;-)

Yes of course it is stright-forward to correct the inversion.
But I was wondering if there may be some weird platform-dependence in
the involved objects that may cause the y coordinate to work in one
sense or the other in different computers/os's??
Because it would be really really strange that it were just an error
in the patch and you never noticed before - I mean the cursor moves
down when the object moves up, and you mention having used it in
workshops for years.

I was just curious if it may be some platform or version dependency.

I use Windows XP. Here, the Y output of pix_block is 0 when the blob
is on the bottom, and 1 when it is on the top.

But the patch is great, helped me a lot and is just (part of) what I
was looking for.

(btw, in my previous message I stated it wrong: I get 0,0 at
bottom-left and 1,1 at top-right, which is neither what I said nor
what is written in the patch comments)(I call left and right with
respect to the image being processed, not the user looking at himself
on the screen)

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com