[PD] microphone feedback canceling

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Mon Feb 11 10:18:22 CET 2008

You're on the right track. Most DSP feedback filters try to track the
loudest sinusoidal frequency and then use a notch filter to reduce it.
You could try something with [fiddle~], and make sure that the signals
you want to pass remain below a certain threshold. Then everything above
that could be checked by [fiddle~] which could drive the filter. But
really, if you soundcheck things well and keep mic levels within reason,
this kind of thing shouldn't be necessary. I used mics and PD for a few
years live and never ran into this problem provided I had a soundcheck.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista