[PD] Phasor Driven Midi File Playback?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:22:29 CET 2008

I think what is happening is that [midifile] is expecting a full path for
the file name when using read. This is why it works for the [openpanel]
because it returns a complete path. Did you try using the full path with
[read $1(?

Mike

On Feb 12, 2008 12:33 PM, saint <saintidle at yahoo.com> wrote:

> thanks for the quick reply again martin,
>
> it's a strange problem that i seem to be having.
> because i definitely have all the midifiles in the same folder as the
> patch but
>
> [midifile test.mid]
> ...or...
> [read test.mid(---[midifile]
> gives... 'error: midifile: unable to open test.mid'
>
> but when i do
> [bang]---[openpanel]---[read $1(---[midifile]
> and point it to 'test.mid' it seems to work?
>
> hmmmm...
> unfortunately for what i want to do i need to be able to automate opening
> different midifiles.
> i'm using your zip from
> http://puredata.info/Members/martinrp/midifile/midifile.zip/view
>

> thanks again in advance!

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician