[PD] select device for pix_video on Os x

stefan stefanpiat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:24:42 CET 2008

hi,
- I use a macbook and try to configure a usb webcam through pix_video
default selected camera is the built-in one > using [dialog( I select
another webcam (usb)
- if I send a message like [dimen x x( to [pix_video].
the configuration I choose in [dialog( is reset and  it come back to the
default settings (the built-in camera...)
I use a logitechquickcam (macam driver) but I had the same problem with a
apple I-sight (firewire)
- I try to configure  the webcam using the device message...
but  - [device 0(  or everything else  make nothing (or I don't know how to
make it work..)
      - [enumerate( does not work...
      - I try with the driver too, but ... i can't figure myself how it's
work

is it possible to configure usb webcam with another way than [dialog(  and
if it is possible...how? :)

and why the dialog box configuration reset when I sent a dimen message to
pix_video?

thx

s.