[PD] Saving Gem output as video file on MacOSX ?

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Fri Feb 29 19:56:49 CET 2008

[Marius -- Thanks for this and also your offline help.  I'm putting it
back in the public discussion.]

When there are several gemlists, due to several geos, each one seems to
trigger snap.  So what should be a single frame gets extended into as
many frames as there are geos, and during the course of this "extended
frame" each geo appears sequentially as it is rendered.  Then this
starts all over again at the beginning of the next "extended frame".
The result is that when I play back the QT movie, it is slowed down and
geos flicker in and out of existence.

Is there an object which I can connect all the geo outputs to which will
accumulate them until they have all been rendered and only then output
them and send a bang to snap?  Or is there some other way to synchrnize
snap so that it will only capture the "completed" rendering?

In short:  How do you use snap/pix_snap/pix_record (or maybe something
else and pix_snap?) to capture the output of a *complicated* patch?

Thanks (everyone).

-- Dudley