[PD] [pix_record] mixes up colors.

simon wise simonxwise at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 2 08:50:28 CET 2008

On 1 Mar 2008, at 3:51 PM, Dudley Brooks wrote:

> It's worth trying ... I guess.  It has the obvious disadvantage of
> saving hundreds or even thousands of files which some other program
> then
> has to convert into a movie.  So if anyone knows how to modify either
> pix_record or its inputs ... And, for that matter, why pix_record (or
> possibly pix_snap) does this?
>
> Otherwise ... recommendations on which program (preferably
> freeware) is
> best for converting frame files to movies in MacOSX?

QuickTime can do it -

'Open Image Sequence ...' in the 'File' menu of Quicktime Player [but
you probably have to fork out the rude 'extra' $$$ for Quicktime Pro
before that menu item works, most of the useful functions in
QuickTime are the same]

It is only the convenience of a menu items in the player that you are
paying for, QuickTime is still the same even if you don't pay the
ransom ... eg you can make a little applescript to do most things,
'open image sequence <filename> frames per second 25' is the command
for opening an image sequence, <filename> is the first file of a
numbered series.

simon