[PD] Pd sounds better than Max?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 9 18:25:58 CET 2008

On Mar 8, 2008, at 11:00 PM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 4:59 AM, Andy Farnell
> <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>  You take as many sines as the system will handle, typically
>>  a thousand or so, and sum them. All must start on exactly the
>>  same phase. Now, if we had a series of _all_ frequencies it would
>>  give us an impulse, but instead set the difference between each
>>  oscillator to be 1 cycle + delta, where delta is very small, maybe
>>  1Hz or less.
>
> This is an interesting concept, thanks for passing it along.
>
>>  Hardly very scientific, but roughly from the few chances I've had
>>  to try it on different systems...
>>
>>  Csound - the King, all bow before Csound
>
> yeah boyee

To muddy the waters a bit, the most 'correct' sound isn't always the
best sound.  Consider so many people's love of tube amps.  They have
higher distorsion than transistor amps, yet so many people think they
sound better.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne