[PD] Couldn't creat [gemlist]. Also, how to destroy objects?

Dudley Brooks dbrooks at runforyourlife.org
Wed Mar 12 20:44:31 CET 2008

Pd-0.39.3-extended, MacBook Pro OSX 10.4

I downloaded /Gem/examples/advanced/19.pointer.pd and
...../20.double-gemhead_vs_repeat.pd, to learn how to create multiple
instances of objects.  They both have some subpatches that use
[gemlist].  I got the error "gemlist ... couldn't create".

Those two patches were not in 0.39.3-extended.  Are they and [gemlist]
itself part of a more recent version, or what?

Also, a dumb question:  How to create (at various times) and destroy (at
various times) geos, abstractions, etc.?  That is, how to have various
things pop in and out of existence (in the Gem window, at least) as the
"performance" runs?

Thanks.

-- Dudley