[PD] Clocks and [pipe] in Lua

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Thu Mar 13 14:29:22 CET 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Error checking was deliberately left out. ;) In the end I'd like to
> have the delay time up front to be able to use qlist-ish messages like:
> "0 a b c, 1000 x y z, 300 bang".

Ok, makes sense.  However, what should be output for:

"0 a b c"   -> "a b c" or "list a b c" ?
"0 123"     -> "float 123" or "list 123" ?
"0 1 2 3"   -> "list 1 2 3" ?
"0"         -> "bang" or "list" ?

The whole Pd selector system mess arises again, when it could be neatly
  side-stepped ;)

You could wrap the [lpipe] with two inlets in an abstraction to get the
[qlist]-ish message behaviour, going the other way would be rather hard.

Thanks,

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org