[PD] pix_yuv get blue spots with pix_buffer

Peter Forde smokemorecrack at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:37:04 CET 2008

I'm using PD 0.38.4 on windows XP.

I am storing a large amount of images in pix_buffer from a camera input. When I keep them in rgba the computer will not cope with it all and crashes so YUV seems to be the best solution and it works.
Unfotunately when I change it to yuv through [pix_yuv] or [colorspace yuv( I get lots of blue dots where it is dark.
Does anyone know how this might be happening.and what might solve it.
I saw in other threads there could be problems with the codecs but since I am using pix_buffer there should not be a codec.
Any idea?
Thanks