[PD] Associative list

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 26 01:11:35 CET 2008

Hi Chris,

This sounds like a great thing for vanilla Pd.  I've had need of
something just like this more than once.

Having worked a bit with [pool] recently, especially as it is used in
Memento, I'd venture that you'd have to go quite a bit further to match
its functionality, though.  It's like a miniature in-memory file system,
with directories, clipboard editing, and more.  It would be laudable to
do a "pure" Memento, but I think much of the hierarchic potential of
[pool] for state-saving has barely been scratched, and in that direction
lie some very interesting capabilities.

Phil Stone
www.pkstonemusic.com