[PD] questions about vbap

Isidro Gonzalez isidro_gonsoy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 21:20:14 CET 2008

Hi
As far as I know, if the four loudspeakers are to be
located each in one corner of a square, the VBAP
technique is completely equivalent to intensity
panning using cosine-sine functions(the so called
tangent law). I don´t know in detail your project but
perhaps is easier to you to do intensity panning using
this technique instead of VBAP in this particular
case.
VBAP is specially useful if you are to use an
irregular 3D setup of loudspeakers.
Best
Isi