[PD] Open patch in running pd via commandline

Daniel Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 03:34:50 CET 2008

Howdy again,

I'm working on integrating pd-extended into the Ubuntu desktop and have a
mime type and associated patch
icon setup.  You can double click it to open it in pd natively.

The only problem is I'm trying to figure out a way to open a patch in a
running instance of pd.  Basically,
it would be great to double click a patch file and have it open in my
already running pd thus saving me
from going back and forth in the open dialog which is annoying.

I've looked at pdsend but from what I've seen in manuals/pd-msg pdsend only
works if you have a netreceive running
in a patch.  Is there anyway to send commands to the pd-gui directly ala
"open in a new tab" from a filebrowser in firefox?

Next up would be to get that tkdnd stuff working ...

--
Dan Wilcox
danomatika