[PD] [GEM-dev] new w32 binary!

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 11 08:20:46 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Shall we try to switch the Gem build to MinGW?  Then we'll have
> automated builds, and you'll be able to make Gem Windows binaries by
> cross-compiling on GNU/Linux.
>
> .hc

if you feel up to it.
i currently don't really want to spend time in getting code compile
against DirectX with mingw. (for Gem you also have to compile parts of
the DirectShow examples)

i also would not like to have a stripped down version of Gem (without
DirectX and QuickTime) compiled and widely distributed.

and you would have to change your policy of importing code to
repositories, as i don't think importing DirectX-SDK (some versions of
which you can only download from a "genuine windows machine" (or however
they call it)) and Quicktime-SDK (for which you currently need an apple
user-account to download) would be a good idea.

nevertheless it would be cool if you could include the new binary into
the next pd-extended release.

fgnasd
IOhannes