[PD] [GEM-dev] new w32 binary!

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 11 17:06:54 CEST 2008

chris clepper wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org
> <mailto:hans at eds.org>> wrote:
>
>     There are already a lot of DirectX headers in MinGW, you might not
>     need the DirectX SDK at all.  I didn't need the Windows DDK for the
>     HID stuff, all of the headers I needed are included in MinGW.  These
>     look all relevant:
>
>     direct.h
>     dxerr8.h
>     dxerr9.h
>     d3d9.h
>     d3d9caps.h
>     d3d9types.h
>

> GEM doesn't need DirectX, rather it requires DirectShow.  DirectShow is
> part of the massive windows SDK and the DLLs are supposedly part of a
> default install of XP and Vista (I have never even used the latter).

i never understood the difference between DirectX and DirectShow. isn't
the latter just a part of the former? just like Direct3D?

anyhow, at least when installing the SDK i had to also install a
redistributable runtime-environment. i don't know whether this is needed
for an end-user of Gem too (my only w32 machine now has the
runtime-environment installed, so i cannot check :-))

>     These would have to be installed on the build machine.  We couldn't
>     include them in the SVN.  Just like the Apple builds require XCode.
>     I am guessing it would only be the Quicktime SDK that we'd need to
>     install.
>

> Yes, just the QT SDK is needed.

i probably misunderstood the original question.
right, as far as quicktime is concerned, only the QT SDK is needed.

fgmas
IOhannes