[PD] pduino and FSRs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Apr 12 00:41:03 CEST 2008

I use 6 analog inputs all of the time on Mac and Linux.  I've never
used 19200 tho.  Try using [comport] alone to eliminate anything in
[arduino].  Maybe there is a bug in comport on vista?

.hc

On Apr 11, 2008, at 3:17 PM, nick burge wrote:

> Thank you Hans, am I being unrealistic in  trying to have six
> analog inputs active all at once? I know you said that was a lot of
> data, but I run a fairly powerful laptop with a dual core Centrino
> processor, and Windows task manager reports  only a modest demand
> on the cpu of around 30% when I have the patch running and all
> inputs active, so it seems to be an error in timing or
> syncronisation rather than simply overstressing the system that
> causes this....I've taken the patch right down to the basic arduino-
> test patch, but still the crashes occur when I activate more than 2
> analog inputs. I'll experiment with different baud rates, go back
> to a usb connection rather than the xbee wireless system and keep
> trying to identify the source of the problem. I'll get back to you
> if I learn anything new. Below is the data produced by the event
> viewer in Windows in case it means anything to you.
>
> pd.exe
> 0.0.0.0
> 47148d16
> pd.dll
> 0.0.0.0
> 47148d15
> c0000005
> 00004e04
> 17ec
> 01c89bd26543018e
>
> Nick.

----

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie