[PD] ANN - Gesture Recognition Capabilities

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sat May 3 23:55:00 CEST 2008

nice!
in the description of the algorithm they talk about some pending
patents... I guess they use more than simple ann comparison to get this
working in realtime on a game console.
for basic gestures it might work, but you have a 3d space (which means a
lot of data) and no clear start and end trigger for your movements, so
to me this looks like a challenging task...
but if you manage to somehow calibrate your data before you send it to
ann (maybe normalize x, y, z and time? or use statistic methods to get
more meaningful values, also think how a gesture's start and end can be
found) then ann hopefully does the rest.
marius.