[PD] update on declare

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun May 4 17:21:32 CEST 2008

hi,
I just realized that I made some mistakes in the past and that declare
actually is working better than I thought. here is what I forgot:
1) declare only takes effect when you open the patch. stupid, I think I
read it, but... Some alleged "bugs" were caused by the assumption that
it is enough to create a declare object and paths will be set...
2) no absolute paths! absolute paths work for -lib, but not for
-path/-stdpath. at least on OS X it is not possible to set absolute
paths (or at least I don't know how), all paths have to be relative to
Pd (-stdpath) or to the patch (-path).

this means that declare becomes totally useful (for pd version 0.41 and up).

three more questions remain:
how can I set absolute paths?
Is the behaviour for abstractions cleared?
and what is the order in which paths are searched for object classes?

marius.