[PD] end of the vline~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 5 23:18:47 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Scott Fitzgerald hat gesagt: // Scott Fitzgerald wrote:

> I feel this is a head-slappingly stupid question, but is there any way
> to tell when vline~ has finished its run?

It will end when it's done with doing what you told it to do. ;)

You always know when a vline~ (or line~ or line) object ends, because at
some point in the past you have started it with a certain desired
duration. When that duration has passed, the line ends.

E.g. you send a "10 1000" to vline, then that segement will end after
1000 msec. No need for an extra bang.

If you still want that extra bang, just duplicate your delay time to a
[delay] object as well, scheduled with a [trigger].

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht