[PD] Newbie request

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Fri May 9 00:02:17 CEST 2008

Patrice Colet a écrit :
>  Hi I've developped this external for windows last year, this emulate
> keystrokes, the result of ascii code depends on your hardware, it uses
> kbd_event API, but I believe the python script from previous messages
> that uses sendkey would be much better.
>
>  For example ou will have to use messages like this:
>
> [downkey 18, key 9, key 9, upkey 18( to emulate alt+tab+tab combination, .
>
>  Use it at your own risk, good luck.

ooops, I wanted to say "the result of the string sent to the object
depends on the hardware"

  and not "the result of ascii code depends on your hardware".

  also if you click on the message that emulate keystroke, the focused
window will still be the pd patch because it focuses on mouse release,
also the object doesn't seem to work if we use [key] for triggering the
message, so I put a delay between the bang and the message, then the
message is sent after the mouse click is released.

an example is attached

thankyou