[PD] pdp_qt on Mac OS X

Jack jack at rybn.org
Wed May 21 18:13:58 CEST 2008

Le 21 mai 08 à 15:02, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> On May 21, 2008, at 2:46 AM, marius schebella wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Of course, when I post this, the Mac/Intel build didn't happen...
>>> arg...
>>
>> i tested the pdp_qt and pdp_yqt (with a self compiled pdx version).
>> I could load some files, but not all. pdp_yqt does not output sound.
>> but with one file pd crashed my whole system. the computer just
>> became very slow and did not respond anymore, I had to hard reset
>> it. (twice, because I wanted to be sure, that was really happening).
>
> I think pdp_yqt is pretty buggy.  Use pdp_qt or pdp_qt~ for sound
> maybe.

Here some results with [pdp_qt~] and different sound codec. Only PCM
linéaire and IMA 4:1 seem to work (but i get this error : pdp_qt:
error decoding audio). The movie codec is JPEG (.mov).

With AAC :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegaac.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 16000 Hz, 290816 samples,
chunksize 373)
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegaac.mov opened
i get a crash of my system and need to hard reset it with [pdp_qt~].

With AMR à bande étroite :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegamr.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 8000 Hz, 142400 samples,
chunksize 186)
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported audio codec
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegamr.mov opened
This sound codec is unsupported, so no sound with [pdp_qt~].

With Apple Lossless :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegaploss.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 44100 Hz, 786432 samples,
chunksize 1029)
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported audio codec
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegaploss.mov opened
This sound codec is unsupported, so no sound with [pdp_qt~].

With PCM linéaire :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegpcm.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 44100 Hz, 784539 samples,
chunksize 1029)
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegpcm.mov opened
All works fine (video and sound) but i get this error (strange ?) :
pdp_qt: error decoding audio

With Qualcomm :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegqualcomm.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 8000 Hz, 142400 samples,
chunksize 186)
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported audio codec
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpegqualcomm.mov opened
This sound codec is unsupported, so no sound with [pdp_qt~].

With IMA 4:1 :
pdp_qt: opening /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpeg.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 43 fps, 427 frames, jpeg
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 44100 Hz, 784576 samples,
chunksize 1029)
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV420P
pdp_qt: /Users/rybn12/Desktop/VOSTF/RomeOKjpeg.mov opened
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work :)
And when it works (video and sound),i get this error (strange ?) :
pdp_qt: error decoding audio

++

Jack