[PD] 3dp/pdp_opengl in Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 2 01:40:27 CEST 2008

So Lluis Gomez i Bigorda got me to play with 3dp aka pdp_opengl a
little bit and it seems interesting, so I added it to the Pd-extended
builds for GNU/Linux and Mac OS X. I've already seen some interesting
stuff, so I thought I'd throw it out there. You need a build from
yesterday or later.

Also, there is currently one help patch for 3dp_for, nothing else.
So if you generate some in your explorations, please send them my
way, or add them to the patch tracker:

http://puredata.info/dev/patchtracker

Here's how to play:

- get a build from yesterday or later
- start X11.app (if on Mac OS X)
- open new patch, and create [import pdp_opengl]
- open Help -> Browser, and browse "examples" -> "3dp"
- play with them and see what you get
- expect crashes and some fun 3D

----

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent
controls you." - Richard M. Stallman