[PD] (no subject)

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:30:09 CEST 2008

Luigi wrote:
> what about vd~ ?? Is it not what you are looking for ?
> Or is "non-transposing-delay" any kind of special term i dont know of ??

I guess what Jamie meant is that during delay-time ramps, the signal in the
buffer is being played at a  speed!=1 which produces a temporary pitch
shift.

If what you want is to change the delay time every once in a while, I once
implemented it by using 2 delay lines and switching among them: while delay
line A is being used, you change the delay time of delay line B and then,
once the critical zone is passed away, cross-fade to delay line B and leave
delay line A idle.... and then viceversa again and again ..... something
like that. I also used feedback.

If you need to _continuously_ change the delay time without shifting pitch,
I guess you need to apply the same techniques that are used for
"non-transposing" time-stretching....