[PD] Non-transposing delay

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 6 17:56:59 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 16:07 +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:
> Yes, that's a great point. IIRC that is mainly for slow moving
> envelope/control signals. I wonder, if you did it with audio
> then you'd have a limited number of times to apply it in a given
> interval because the worst case means you get an accumulating
> DC offset that will go out of bounds. (?)

yeah.. so the rate should be limited to 1/(period of the ramp). actually
i only tried it with audio. you still get kind of clicks sometimes, if
the direction of the signal suddenly changes, but they sound very
different and - IMO - far not as bad as the noisy sample-jumps  with
lots of high frequencies.

roman