[PD] 3gp videos with GEM on windows

altern altern2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:57:30 CEST 2008

Hi

I am using 3gp video with GEM on windows and linux. Under windows XP on
some machines pix_film does not return the right video length in frames,
it returns 1, testing with same video and patches in another machine
returns the right length. Does this sound like some Windows issue? maybe
some codec that needs to be installed? I need to find a format for video
that works fine crossplatform.

i also noticed since i upgraded to latest GEM that the 3pg videos play
its sound after being loaded. This does not seem to be done via PD
(sound is off), the sound plays once after the video is loaded. If the
video being rendered the sounds keeps playing looped but chopped, with
very short periodical interruptions.

thanks

enrike