[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jun 18 15:48:36 CEST 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Jun 2008, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I think that gridflow would probably be more easily maintained
>> outside of Pd-extended, for now at least.
>
> GridFlow is not in a situation much different from Gem or PDP. It's
> just that there's more of an incentive to get Gem running in pd-
> extended, than there is to get GridFlow running. I'm talking about
> today's GridFlow, which is quite Rubyless. I think that basically
> you say that because you simply don't feel like handling it.
>
> Now I have a contract item that is to include GridFlow in pd-
> extended, or if that fails, at least to make a version of pd-
> extended that has GridFlow in it. It is likely that it gets done in
> June, perhaps even in the next few days.

These days, I think we should try to make it easy to install and
manage external libraries.  Then once things are very stable, they
should be included in Pd-extended.  That's what I've learned from my
experience so far.

And honestly, I don't want to deal with more build issues, I am very
tired of it.  So if you want to include it, please don't expect me to
do it, especially since you are getting paid and I am not.

----