[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc1 released

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Thu Jun 19 11:04:54 CEST 2008

Hallo!

> But as I understood e.g. this [1] separating packages of Pd and
> externals/abstractions is something, Hans did rather not want to deal
> with (at least at that time), so someone else needs to do it.
>
> [1] http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2008-04/011410.html

Yes, as I said (or at least that was what I wanted to say).

I think the problem with the pd community is that everyone just says how
he/she would like to have the distribution and is always complaining -
but actually only Hans is doing the main work (with some very small
contribution as also by myself).

I personally think that the pd-extended project is one of the most
important things in the pd-community, if not the most important and I
cannot understand why people are not able to work with each other and
not always against each other. Especially developers are only
complaining ...

It is not enough to always say "I want the build system like this" or "I
don't like the current philosophy" - we heard this now many many times
on the list and of course some of the criticism is also valid - there
really need to be also contributions from other people to get this
project working ...

LG
Georg

PS: I was really fascinated how cooperation can work in other open
source communities, but here (in PD world) I simply don't see this and I
don't understand why.