[PD] DMX oriented library for PD?

Vincent Rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Jun 19 14:37:35 CEST 2008

Hi IOhannes,

yep, i saw that but could not figure out how to compile it at first,
just retried and it seems to have compiled gracefully:

just a little note for others who might find it useful :

cd externals/iem/dmx512
wget ftp://ftp.cubic.org/pub/llg/dmx4linux-2.6.1.tar.gz
tar xzf dmx4linux-2.6.1.tar.gz
cp dmx4linux2.6.1.patch dmx4linux-2.6.1
cd dmx4linux-2.6.1
patch -p1 < dmx4linux2.6.1.patch
and the usual
./configure
make
sudo make install

then compiling the extension
cd externals/iem/dmx512/src
./configure
make

it might be good to include this note in your readme.txt (?)

I get this error message when i try to load it but i guess this is
because i don't have any dmx-usb device (yet) ;-)
dmxin.pd_linux: undefined symbol: DMXINdev dmxin

Do you have then an idea of the message rate that this devices can handle?

best regards,
vincent