[PD] DMX oriented library for PD?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 19 15:17:38 CEST 2008

Vincent Rioux wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
>

> then compiling the extension
> cd externals/iem/dmx512/src
> ./configure
> make
>
> it might be good to include this note in your readme.txt (?)

thanks for the suggestion, i have added a bit of description on how to
actually compile the 2 externals to the README.txt

> I get this error message when i try to load it but i guess this is
> because i don't have any dmx-usb device (yet) ;-)
> dmxin.pd_linux: undefined symbol: DMXINdev dmxin

aye, this was due to some library havoc i head on my machine (having
installed both the dmx4linux debian package and dmx4linux from source;
and actually linking against the library provided by the debian package)

should be fixed now in svn.

> Do you have then an idea of the message rate that this devices can handle?

unfortunately i currently cannot test it (as i have no dmx-controllable
here); once i do so i'll tell you (if i don't forget it)

gmasdr
IOhannes