[PD] better tabread4~

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 25 04:24:01 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Charles Henry wrote:

> I see no problem with shortening the names, because it's not practical
> to name these things concisely, e.g.
> "tabread4_continuous_first_derivative~" or "tabread4_anti_aliasing~"

"continuous first derivative" is listed as "continuously differentiable"
in the list of meanings of this abbreviation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C1

> I think it's best to consider making a library of tabread4~
> alternatives, and later consider moving the different interpolation
> schemes to tabread4~ methods, if it's worth-while.

I don't think that more than one alternative will be necessary. For
4-point table lookups that go through all the original points, I don't
know why anyone would aim lower than a C2 piecewise-polynomial.
Unfortunately, it would be somewhat too late to just call it [tabread4~].
Or not.