[PD] better tabread4~

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 25 08:46:36 CEST 2008

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> bsoisoi wrote:
> >I agree, being able to specify interpolation via an inlet message would
> >be great (from my users perspective).
>
> hmm, i am not totally convinced (but actually don't care)

Is anyone else besides me reminded of a "color of bike shed"
discussion?

> as this leads to bloated objects which can just do everything and
> you specify what they should do via parameters. why do we have
> objects then?

However in this case I think, it does make sense to keep it in a
single object and set interpolation through messages: all suggested
tabread4~ variants do a table read using 4 table points for
interpolation, so all of them could be named tabread4~. They only
differ in the actual formula in use. Variants of 4-point interpolation
may also be useful in other objects like vd~ and tabosc4~. Here the
same message interface could be used again, which is good for
mnemonics.

Ciao