[PD] getting started with webcam/pdp

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 10:21:09 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> You could pull out the pidip.pd_linux and use it with a different
> version of Pd-extended.

Ok, I downloaded, patched and compiled pdp succesfully, however the
problem is still there (pd crashes when trying to use the webcam in pdp).

However (begin new to video) I discovered that GEM also has some video
processing stuff. Would that be a way to go? What *can't* I do in GEM
that would be possible either pdp?

Finally the image has distorted colors (skin is blue, for instance) when
used under GEM. I tried the cam in other software (for instance skype)
and it's fine. Any ideas what to do about this?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen