[PD] getting started with webcam/pdp

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 16:14:05 CEST 2008

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> loads of things...well, i don't know; i would ask the question the other
> way around: does Gem/pdp/gf/... can do everything you want?

I don't know what I want, maybe because I'm new to video. So I hope to
play around and get some ideas.

But right now, for my first idea, I need to translate "something" on a
videofeed into OSC messages + project the video (maybe with some simple
explanatory overlay for the audience to better understand what's
happening) with a projector.

I have som starting ideas about what that "something" might be.
Something like "how red is the picture, from 0-1", "how much activity is
in the image, from 0-1". My system, currently implemented in ChucK is
easy to configure to do something useful with these messages.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen